Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup client failing on daily incremental but ok on the weekly fulls; weird

2008-03-06 17:00:21
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup client failing on daily incremental but ok on the weekly fulls; weird
From: Jeff Bryer <bryer AT sfu DOT ca>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 13:37:28 -0800
We are having pretty much the same situation with one of our Windows clients.
Although we have a Solaris 10 master and not W2K SP2 like you.

Error 13, file read errors, on every incremental.  This was with the 6.0MP4
client and 6.0MP4 master (not 5.1 like you).  Once patched to 6.0MP5 (both
client and master) the error changes sometimes to error 42 (network read
error).

The full works fine.

We've had a call open with Symantec for a few days now trying to figure it out.

If it's the same problem, it's interesting that it happens in both 5.1 and 6.0.

--
Jeff Bryer                              bryer AT sfu DOT ca
Systems Administrator                   (778) 782-4935