Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NB Upgrade 3.4 to 6.5

2008-03-04 03:18:22
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NB Upgrade 3.4 to 6.5
From: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: <Jared.Seaton AT mylanlabs DOT com>, "Jerry Rioux" <jerryrioux AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 08:01:08 -0000
Well if I think if I was in this situation, I may have a new install of 6.x on a new Server and in the event of doing any restores, shutdown the 6.x server, bring up the 3.4.1 NT Server and restore any old Data.

I sort of done this before, and apart from disconnecting the new server from the robot, and attaching to the old Server, it was fine.

Another option, is to do a new install of a Server, and import any MONTH END tapes that you think you may need !

Just a thought really....

Simon