Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Anyone backing up Neverfail clusters?

2008-02-29 03:51:56
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Anyone backing up Neverfail clusters?
From: "Michael Graff Andersen" <mian71 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Paul Keating" <pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:33:03 +0100
Hi Paul

Havn't heard of this cluster before, but would backup it like other clusters

cluster drives/resources through the logical node(s) and local
drives/resources through the physical nodes

Make the physical nodes able to the logical nodes backups by using altnames

This has worked for me on windows, solaris, hp-ux and even tru-cluster

Hope it helps you

Regards
Michael

2008/2/28, Paul Keating <pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca>:

> Apparantly Neverfail is the "preferred" HA platform for RIM's BES server.
>
> I've been looking for some documentation on backing it up and there doesn't
> seem to be much coming up.
>
> Paul====================================================================================

La
> version française suit le texte
> anglais.

This
> email may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and the Bank
> of
Canada does not waive any related rights. Any distribution, use, or
> copying of this
email or the information it contains by other than the
> intended recipient is
unauthorized. If you received this email in error
> please delete it immediately from
your system and notify the sender promptly
> by email that you have done so.

Le
> présent courriel peut contenir de l'information privilégiée ou
> confidentielle.
La Banque du Canada ne renonce pas aux droits qui s'y
> rapportent. Toute diffusion,
utilisation ou copie de ce courriel ou des
> renseignements qu'il contient par une
personne autre que le ou les
> destinataires désignés est interdite. Si vous recevez
ce courriel par
> erreur, veuillez le supprimer immédiatement et envoyer sans délai
l'expéditeur un message électronique pour l'aviser que vous avez éliminé
> de votre
ordinateur toute copie du courriel reçu.