Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How do you use NBCC?

2008-02-28 10:01:37
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How do you use NBCC?
From: "Randy Samora" <Randy.Samora AT stewart DOT com>
To: "Tony T." <rollthebones AT gmail DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 08:44:29 -0600

I had heard rumors about the new version being easier for the end user to read without having to send it in but as far as I know, sending it to Symantec is the only option.  The NBCC utility tells them if there are any discrepancies in your database like tapes that are assigned but don’t have any valid images on them or tapes that are expired but DO have valid images on them.  You want to make sure there are no discrepancies in your database before you upgrade.  Trying to fix them afterwards is a nightmare.  But I have gone through 4 upgrades and tech support has been very responsive in helping me flush out my databases.

Thanks,

Randy