Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] bpgp is gone from 6.5 and now bpdir too !?

2008-02-22 11:32:49
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] bpgp is gone from 6.5 and now bpdir too !?
From: "Stump, Bob A" <Bob.A.Stump AT fnis DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:09:31 -0600
Thanks!
Any luck on bpdir?

-----Original Message-----
From: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] On Behalf Of parsonsa
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 9:26 AM
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpgp is gone from 6.5 and now bpdir too !?

This took all day to suss out.

If you have gdb installed on your NBU6.5 server, then this script will
start nbgp with some suitable args and then sets a breakpoint when it
calls it's internal function "copy_file_from_server". At this point we
squirt in a new filename then continue execution and bingo, you can pull
whatever you want from any client.

eg: my_bpgp.ksh my_server01 /etc/passwd /tmp/passwd_from_01

Here's the script: apart from the shebang it's all one line. Take off
the dev/null 2>&1 if you don't trust me on my first post and want to see
what it's doing. I won't be insulted :) The printf is 'typing'
instructions to gdb, passing in dummy args (-po DBEXT and -job 2).
Unhindered, the program would attempt to fetch
/usr/openv/tmp/blahblah_DBEXT.2.trace_file - nbgp is like bpgp except it
only pulls certain files. What we do is trap it's internal call to the
function copy_file_from_server and clobber in our own filename.

#!/bin/ksh
printf "set write\nbreak *copy_file_from_client+0x10\nrun LOG -cl $1 -po
DBEXT -job 2 -lfn $3\ncont\nset \$i3=\"$2\"\ncont\nq\n" | gdb
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbgp > /dev/null 2>&1

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential.
If you are not the
intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not
disclose,
distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender
immediately. In addition,
please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is subject to
archiving and review by
persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.