Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Is BMR worth it / How long does it really save you?

2008-02-21 14:22:30
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Is BMR worth it / How long does it really save you?
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Curtis Preston" <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:54:21 -0600
On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 11:45 AM, Curtis Preston <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com> wrote:

I couldn't agree with Ed more.  In addition, I BELIEVE under the new pricing model, BMR is included in the base product.

As of 6.5, BMR is included.  However, you need to get your upgraded license keys from Symantec before you can even install the pieces on your master server.  The key upgrades are free if you're under contract.

Client-side encryption is also free with 6.5.  If you have a very small number of clients and they've got extra processing power, this might be an option.  It won't replace an appliance for high-volume work though.

   .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org