Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Rollback to 6.0 Plan, in case 6.5 flakes out

2008-02-15 15:52:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Rollback to 6.0 Plan, in case 6.5 flakes out
From: Kyle Oliver <k_f_o AT yahoo DOT com>
To: netbackup list <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 12:34:05 -0800 (PST)
Hello all,
   I am planning on upgrading my NetBackup servers from 6.0 MP4 to 6.5  and I
am wondering if there is a roll back to 6.0 option?  Is it enough to back up
the c:\Program Files\VERITAS or /usr/openv directories to a new location  and
put them back in case of a water landing?

    I was going to ghost/flash archive the boxes, but that seems like a bit of
overkill.

    Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Thanks,
Kyle