Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup not deleting expired images

2008-02-13 11:51:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup not deleting expired images
From: Rongsheng Fang <unixlifebox AT gmail DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 11:32:00 -0500
Hi,

Does anybody know how and when NetBackup deletes old images from the
disk after they have been expired? We are backing most of our data to
disks and it seems that NetBackup is expiring old backups from its
catalog correctly but the images on the disk are not being removed
even if they don't exist in the catalog anymore.

I do run '/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimage -cleanup -
allclients' on the master server once every hour via cron.

We are running NetBackup 6.0 MP5 on Solaris 10.

Thanks a lot,

Rongsheng