Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] MSSQL Agent Backups

2008-02-13 05:13:41
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] MSSQL Agent Backups
From: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: "Mellor, Adam A." <Adam.Mellor AT woodside.com DOT au>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:59:52 -0000
Hi
Yep! sure do ... ALOT :-)

Examples:

Physical Computers are SERVER1 adn SERVER2. These are 2 Nodes in a
Cluster.
The VIRTUAL SERVER Name, that all users connect to is called
SQLVIRTUALNAME.

1 x Policy for the SERVER1 and SERVER2 Nodes. I backup ONLY the local
disks connected to the servers. (ie: C, Drive or any other "local"
partitions that are physically connected to the Server (I call this
local storage as well!)
1 x SQL Policy, configured for the virtual server name SQLVIRTUALNAME.

I do not backup any other physical or virtual disks that are part of the
cluster.

Hope this helps.