Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] who has deleted or de-activated a policy?

2008-02-12 12:32:40
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] who has deleted or de-activated a policy?
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Tanveer Ahmed" <ahmed.tanveer AT ubl.com DOT pk>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:08:38 -0600
On Feb 11, 2008 11:09 PM, Tanveer Ahmed <ahmed.tanveer AT ubl.com DOT pk> wrote:
Is there a any way to determine who has deleted or de-activated a policy?

Technically, no.  And since the people making policy changes typically also have administrative rights to the systems, it won't be foolproof anyway (unless you send these logs off to a secure syslog server somewhere).

We have a text file containing our own changelog.  If we catch somebody not updating the changelog when he's made a change, we let him have it.  Peer pressure works fairly well.

   ..../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org