Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Status 96

2008-02-11 11:19:26
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Status 96
From: "Preston, Douglas L" <dpreston AT landam DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:01:26 -0500
Reinventory your library

Doug Preston

-----Original Message-----
From: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] On Behalf Of amure1
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 7:41 AM
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status 96

Im getting the same...

There are about 40 tapes in the scratch pool and none are frozen or
suspended I even tried moving a tape into the job with no avail

this is how I have my system set up

Policy Z using volume pool (X & Y) Pool Y is used to take a duplicate of
X off site it started with just  the "pool Y part of the job" giving the
error ""unable to allocate new media for backup, storage unit has none
available(96)""  now both are for some reason even though there are two
copies there seems to be 3 jobs running in Activity Monitor rather that
1 for each of the copy??

we have 1 master server with 3 media servers for different domains that
don't talk to each other (apart from Master server which talks to all)..
At the moment were just doing manual backups so these are getting kicked
of by me and the error is within minutes  restarted all the server but
the same thing keep happening

Thanks for you help

Marcus