Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.1 Tape storage groups not working correctly

2008-02-04 19:23:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.1 Tape storage groups not working correctly
From: mark_au <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 16:07:04 -0800
Hi guys,

I have inherated a netbackup 6.5.1 system that was recently upgraded
so im guessing it used to work...

we have a mixture of lto2 and 1 drives
these are accessed via storage groups that preference either the lto2 or 1
in a failover mode.

our policies that preference lto2 are failing back to lto1 drives (and hence
taking a long time to back up)
i have checked the media and there is lto 2 media in the scratch pool

i have tested by creating a policy that uses the lto2 storage unit directly
rather than via the storage group and it will load and write to lot2 tapes.

it only appears broken when attempting to use the  lto2 via the storage group .

I have had other disk storage group weirdness also, ie  one client of backup
policiy reporting  failing by referencing a DSU disk path that is no longer
existing yet the actual backup working...

methinks that 6.5.1 is somewhat broken ???? of is cacheing old info somewhere

regards

Mark W