Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore of SQL2000 DB to SQL2005 server

2008-02-04 06:30:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore of SQL2000 DB to SQL2005 server
From: "Jenner, Steven" <Steven.Jenner AT uk.telstra DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 11:09:25 -0000

Hi, I have received a request to restore a DB which was backed up on a SQL2000 client to a new server running SQL2005.

I know you can redirect a restore of a SQL DB to a different host but do not know whether restoring to a different version of SQL is possible. Has anyone done this and if so were there any issues?

Any information gratefully received.

The NetBackup environment is running on v5.1MP6.

Thanks in advance,

Steve.