Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Status 174 in NB.

2008-01-30 15:25:49
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Status 174 in NB.
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>, "Tim Hoke" <thoke AT northpeak DOT org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:50:37 -0500
"Should" is a slippery slope.  I think for most companies a dedicated backup admin is a luxury.  Backups run, they don't run... who knows?!  I'm too busy making widgets to care about data security etc... Its not a healthy attitude, but I can see where someone today might still be running 4.5.  If it ain't broke don't fix it etc...  I used to work for a small / medium business consulting firm and I can't tell you the number of people who purchased Backup Exec 7, dropped support and years later didn't see the need to ever upgrade to 11.  These are the same people who are still running Solaris 2.6 on Ultra2s and Windows NT.

-Jonathan