Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Whats Best Practice for SSO in NBU 5.1

2008-01-30 14:47:08
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Whats Best Practice for SSO in NBU 5.1
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "WEAVER, Simon (external)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:28:56 -0600
On Jan 30, 2008 10:54 AM, WEAVER, Simon (external) <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net> wrote:

Apart from this, its mostly trouble free. If its working, I leave things well alone. The environment is 5.1 and soon to be moved to 6.x and if 6.x is as better than 5.1, then I look forward to this upgrade to make Admin Life easier. I agree, getting the right hardware and configuration in place is a must.

In my opinion (and that's worth every penny you've paid for it!), 6.0MP5 is better than 5.1.  6.5.1 is better than 6.0MP5.  That's with 2500 jobs/day (~10TB/day) that we crank through it.  The product is generally getting better with every release with the exception being the early 6.0 days where the rearchitecture of some of the internals caused a significant setback in stability.  They're over that now.

   .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org