Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] STK 9940 Drives Disapearing from Windows Server causing PEND-ACS

2008-01-29 15:23:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] STK 9940 Drives Disapearing from Windows Server causing PEND-ACS
From: "Veritas NetBackup" <veritas.netbackup AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 15:00:36 -0500
Greetings,

We have been seeing SSO Tape Drive Disappearing in Windows Media Server running 5.1MP4 consistently. During backup Tape Drive loose connection to Media Server and drive Disappear from Device Manger. When I Scan tape drive through tpautoconfig -t ... I don't see drives.. Backup fail with 84 Semaphore Timedout.

Anyone ever faced this issue? Any insights are appreicated.

Cheers..
Khajan.