Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Activity Monitor reports odd size for cold catalog backup

2008-01-28 13:12:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Activity Monitor reports odd size for cold catalog backup
From: mcdonamw <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 05:48:53 -0800
We just implemented Netbackup 6.5.  Complete new installation as we moved from
Backup Exec.

Everything seems OK for the most part, however I'm seeing something strange.

We're doing cold catalog backups.  The activity monitor often shows the size of
this backup as an astronomical number, that slightly changes everytime it's
reported.  It's a number that is just insane!  Some days the size seems pretty
normal, but on other days that huge number is reported.

My last night's cold catalog backup is listed as being:  18014398507720326 KB.
Yes, that is approximately 16 exabytes!  I estimate my catalogs to only be
approx 6 GB.

Any ideas why this is happening?  I can't find anything anywhere.  My
consultant that helped us load Netbackup is totally confused as well.