Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.1 Solaris Client Install

2008-01-25 12:15:36
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.1 Solaris Client Install
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Weber, Philip" <Philip.Weber AT egg DOT com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:58:59 -0600
A simple way that I can think of is to pretend to do an install to a remote Solaris server (perhaps your admin server).  Let it copy the tree over to the target but don't install it there.  tar up the tree from /tmp and then you can put that on your central admin server for subsequent deployment.  Copy tar tarball around, expand it on your remote server, and run the installer.

I just did this with a bunch of Linux 6.5.1 clients since I didn't want to transfer the kit across the WAN 20+ times.  It worked just fine.

   .../Ed