Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Restoring NDMP backups over the network

2008-01-23 18:49:38
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Restoring NDMP backups over the network
From: "Nick Majeran" <nmajeran AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:37:01 -0600
Yep, that's it, at least from my understanding.  We used to be an all
NetApp shop here, and have since switched to all EMC Celerra.
We have to keep a small NetApp around just for restores of this data,
which do occur occasionally.
AFAIK, I don't think Netbackup actually writes anything Netbackup
specific to the headers of NDMP tapes, as the tape drives are
controlled by the filer during the time of backup / restore.  I
believe all that Netbackup does is just grab metadata over the network
and creates an image based on that.

HTH,
nick