Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Dumping Activity Info to file

2008-01-23 15:17:07
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Dumping Activity Info to file
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 20:00:44 +0000
On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 02:38:08PM -0500, Brooks, Jason wrote:

> > I'm not sure I follow.  How are they relative?  They're just
> > absolute epoch times, right?
>
> Sorry, I was a bit off writing there.  Epochal, yes.  But what epoch?  Unix?
>
> I'll have to dig up some perl code to convert and see.

Yes, perl handles them easily.

# perl -le 'print scalar localtime 1201044331'
Tue Jan 22 15:25:31 2008

Time::Local can create the timestamp for you from a day/date/time (which
you could then use for filtering).  Plus there's a lot of date and time
calculation modules if you need to do anything more complex.