Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 3rd party scheduling

2008-01-16 14:46:21
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 3rd party scheduling
From: "Sixbury, Dan" <dsixbury AT hrblock DOT com>
To: "Stump, Bob A" <Bob.A.Stump AT fnis DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:29:39 -0600
I would see potential issues occuring if the group that controls the
scheduling is separate from the group that maintains the backups in that
you may eventually not receive good monitoring or feedback of when
backups start, end, or fail.  For large enterprises, it may make sense
to have a centralized scheduling, but in the past I have experienced
situations where it was troublesome to manage between different groups.

If the environment is more of a operations center and the different
groups are closely bound and communicate well with each other, then a
centralized scheduling system may be the way to go.

Dan