Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] database consistency and Compression

2008-01-16 01:42:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] database consistency and Compression
From: Abhishek Dhingra1 <abhishek.dhingra AT in.ibm DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:56:11 +0530

Hi Gurus,

          Need help in doing Catalog Compression and database consistency check, I am working in an environment where we are running our master server on AIX with netbackup 6.0 MP4 and we have around 20 Media Servers(including 10 SAN Media Server) and more then 500 client , The environment is newly setup, so we have no schedule backup till now, we have a seperate team to manually initiate all the Clients backup and the backups runs continously without a free time in between.

      In the process of streamlining the environment, we daily cancel lots of running backups, and we always take the HOT catalog backup,  there is also inconsistency in the database, because database clean up process doesnot run. So "netbackup/db/images" is increasing with a huge speed almost 5 Gb a day. We are  also not compressing the catalog images.

   Now i want to manually initiate the Database Consistency check and schedule the catalog compression( my thinking is above both task requires no backup should be running at that time).

Will Appreciate the help from all of you!!

Abhishek Dhingra

IBM Global Services, Delhi,
Email : abhishek.dhingra AT in.ibm DOT com
Mobile : +91-9818675370