Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SUMMARY: jnbSA login screen to large

2008-01-14 16:46:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SUMMARY: jnbSA login screen to large
From: "Matthew Stier" <Matthew.Stier AT us.fujitsu DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:33:05 -0500
Found the source of my problem.  Font conflicts.

Although I am running NetBackup on a Solaris 8 server, I am managing it from a Windows XP workstation, using Xming as my X-Windows server.

I had set Xming to use a Solaris 10 system as it's font server. Once I changed it to use a Solaris 8 system, the problem went away.

PS: http://www.straightrunning.com/XmingNotes/

PS: There is a known font quality issue on Solaris 8 systems, when displayed on non-Sun displays. Patch 117518-02 resolves this issue.

Matthew Stier wrote:
Platform: Solaris 8 (SPARC)
NetBackup Version: 6.0mp4

Problem: Starting recently, when I start 'jnbSA' the initial login dialog box fills the screen, and only the open box icon on the left side is displaying. The entire right side is blank. No fields. No buttons.

It appears that 'jnbSA' does not use standard geometry flags. I can resize on the panel, on startup, to recover the login fields.