Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backing up Leopard clients

2008-01-14 16:08:59
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backing up Leopard clients
From: Charlie Giannetto <charlieg AT ic.sunysb DOT edu>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 15:47:00 -0500 (EST)
Guys,

   I don't think it's that difficult to gin up some plist files for the
various Veritas components and convert things to use launchd.  I did it to
a G5 I've got in my office shortly after I loaded Leopard on it.  You
should be able to copy a plist entry for a similar service (I might have
used something like telnet) and then substitute the proper arguments.
>>From what I remeber, you use lauchctl to load/start the new daemons.
Works just fine after that.

- Charlie