Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] snapvault storage unit

2008-01-12 17:49:24
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] snapvault storage unit
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 17:30:53 -0500
> Windows master server 6.5
>
> I'm trying to create a snapvault storage unit. I pick the
> Storage Unit type:Disk and Disk type: SnapVault.
> Then when I goto select the Media server and SnapVault server
> from the drop down box it is blank.
> Where is Netbackup looking for this info.?
> Could this be a licencing issue?

In my limited snapvault experience (none with 6.5):

1.  Did you use the -snap_vault_filer option when credentialing the
filer with tpconfig?

2.  Do "NAS Snapvault" and "Disk Optimization" show up as licensed
features in NetBackup?

3.  If it's a Nearstor, is nearstore_option in the filer's license list?

4.  Is there a sv_ontap_sec license on the filer?

5.  Does options snapvault.access include "host=<IP>, ... of the
NetBackup server(s) (or wildcarded)?

6.  Is NetBackup 6.5 at least equivalent to 6.0mp4 and preferably mp5?

I have a note that the Windows Display Console had some issue; reverted
to Java Display Console.

There's a technote which might be useful:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/285565