Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Ejecting media from ACS using a script.

2008-01-10 13:32:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Ejecting media from ACS using a script.
From: "Fernandes, Eustace" <EFernandes AT talisman-energy DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:09:31 -0700

Tape Library ACS  SL8500
Procedure
1. Produce eject list and eject using vmchange (done this and works fine)
2. Physically remove media from the cap
3. produce report that matches the actual media removed from the cap  (currently there may be a discrepancy between the eject list and what was actually in the cap.

Challenges
How can I check the contents of the cap from the script?
OR
What command can I use in a script to inventory the ACS  SL8500 Tape Library after the media is removed from the cap
Then I can do a diff between the eject list and what is still in the library, which should give me a list of what was actually ejected.

Any ideas

 Eustace Fernandes
Technical Support
 <mailto:efernandes AT talisman-energy DOT com>
voice (403) 237-1534