Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Getting a list of files from a failed backup

2008-01-04 15:01:15
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Getting a list of files from a failed backup
From: "Bobby Williams" <bobbyrjw AT comcast DOT net>
To: "'Jeff Cleverley'" <jeff.cleverley AT avagotech DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 14:43:27 -0500
Since everyone else gave you the troubleshooting steps for the error 41, I
will just try to help you with your problem.

I have run in to this issue on both unix systems and Windows.  It is because
of the # of files.  Sometimes just running the find command is not possible.

I have always resorted to splitting the file system up.  You can create a
policy specific to the file system that fails.  Enable Allow multiple data
streams.  In the file selection list, do not put NEW_STREAM.  Just put the
file system name that fails with an "*" after the "/".

For instance, if the file system is /usr/some_dumb_admins_junk_pile, the
file selection would be /usr/some_dumb_admins_junk_pile/*.

Each directory under /usr/some_dumb_admins_junk_pile will be a separate job
(we are trouble shooting here).  You may find that most will run okay and a
few won't.  The few that won't need to be excluded from the ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
policy and a special policy for the troublesome subdirectories created.

Works every time, but you have to work on it to determine where the actual
problem is.  (It could end up being an FS issue).

Bobby Williams
2205 Peterson Drive
Chattanooga, Tennessee  37421
423-296-8200