Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Any BMR with Linux clients success ?

2007-12-20 08:10:48
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Any BMR with Linux clients success ?
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 06:57:50 -0600

And where do you keep your documentation on your partitions?   Your solution
sounds simple but when you have dozens of systems with varying Linux
releases and varying partitions, it quickly breaks down.  BMR exists for a
reason...  Is the admin that replaces you 5 years from now going to know
what those partitions are supposed to look like?  Is he/she even going to be
able to find that recovery CD? Are you regularly updating that Knoppix
CD with a current NetBackup client or are going to find yourself with a 4.5
client when your master server is up to 7.6?  Are you testing that CD?  Do
you have a copy of that CD in your offsite storage location?

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD
Mounds View, MN, USA