Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Tapes not staying in Volume pools (NBU6.5)

2007-12-19 13:37:35
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Tapes not staying in Volume pools (NBU6.5)
From: "Kevin Whittaker" <Kevin.Whittaker AT syniverse DOT com>
To: <bobbyrjw AT comcast DOT net>, <Jared.Seaton AT mylanlabs DOT com>, "Keating, John" <John.Keating AT eberspaecher DOT com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 13:10:51 -0500
Actually that is not true.  I have 7 robots (6 VTL and 1 physical).  I like to keep all the VTL robot tapes out of the scratch pool and it worked fine in NB 5.1.

But since, I have went to 6.5, all unassigned tapes have ended in the scratch pool.  Even when I assign the tape to the other pool, it will put an empty tape into the scratch pool.  I was considering opening an ticket with Symantec about it, but it actually has turned out to be no big to have them all in the scratch pool so I have not said anything.

I will even say that during the day, a unassigned tape within a pool has been sent back to the scratch pool WITHOUT actually ever being used.  So, I think so cleanup program is actually doing it.  Just a thought.

Kevin