Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Errno 18 on restores from Solaris 8 to Solaris 8 via Windows 2003 Standard

2007-12-19 09:47:29
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Errno 18 on restores from Solaris 8 to Solaris 8 via Windows 2003 Standard
From: Jared.Seaton AT mylanlabs DOT com
To: "Dep, Khushil (GE Money)" <Khushil.Dep AT ge DOT com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 09:28:08 -0500

when i do restores of a backup to another location on the same client, I check 'rename hard links' uncheck 'rename soft links'

works every time.

Jared M. Seaton
Recovery Administrator
Mylan Inc.
304-554-5926
304-685-1389 (Cell)

"Dep, Khushil (GE Money)" <Khushil.Dep AT ge DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

12/19/2007 09:25 AM

veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] Errno 18 on restores from Solaris 8 to Solaris 8 via Windows 2003 Standard

Hi All,

In testing the setup I backed up a Solaris 8 client via a Windows 2003
Standard server which completed without error. Now to test restore I
tried to restore to another location on the client but it was only
partialy successfull. I get a lot of the following:

14:11:32 (26.001) Changed /etc/rc0.d/k41nfs.client to
/opt/NBU_RESTORES/rc0.d/k41nfs.client
14:11:32 (26.001) Could not link /opt/NBU_RESTORES/rc0.d/k41nfs.client
-> /etc/init.d/nfs.client. Errno = 18: Cross-device link

Obviously it's having problems restoring these symlinks but any ideas
why or how to resolve?

Khush.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged, proprietary and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, duplication or other use of this message and/or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and its attachments.  Thank you.