Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO Generation 4 tape throughput with on-driveencryption

2007-12-17 14:29:06
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO Generation 4 tape throughput with on-driveencryption
From: "Rajmund Siwik" <Rajmund.Siwik AT conexant DOT com>
To: "JAJA (Jamie Jamison)" <jamisonj AT zgi DOT com>, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:17:28 -0800
I have successfully tested LTO4 encryption with Quantum i500 and their
version of encryption management software QEKM.
We use NDMP for backups and it depends what data we dumping to tape but
we were getting about 70MBs as reported by NBU which is what I would
expect.
However real speed of actual data dump was a little bit faster as NBU
does not eliminate NDMP overhead.
Overall I am satisfied with performance and we are starting to deploy
it.

--Rajmund