Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NOM 6.5 Installation

2007-12-12 12:10:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NOM 6.5 Installation
From: "Koster, Phil" <pkoster AT ci.grand-rapids.mi DOT us>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:42:08 -0500

I am trying to install NOM 6.5 on a Windows 2003 Server VM.  I get most of the way through and then I get an error saying Windows can not find \vrtsnomdbsrv.  I searched the HDD and found it right where it should be.  I tried adding the directory to the system path but that didnt help.  I turned of virus scanning, same deal.  Google search and NBU Support site turned up nothing.  I also made sure DEP was turned off.

Every time I do this I have to reboot the server because the process hangs in Windows and drops a status somewhere on the box (file or reg key is not clear) so that when reattempting installation it skips instantly to the end where it tells me the installation was interrupted.

Any thoughts besides dont use it or call Symantec?

Thanks.

Phil Koster

Network Administrator

City of Grand Rapids, MI