Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore field grayed out

2007-12-07 15:02:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore field grayed out
From: "Ben Linkon" <blinkon AT calamos DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 13:47:05 -0600

We have a few clients in our WINDOWS environment that when bringing up the “Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type” box the Destination Client for restores drop-down is grayed out and has 127.0.0.1.  When the restore runs, it directs the files to the media server it is restoring from (which makes sense considering the IP address is a loop back).  We found a registry hack to change this entry, but it did not direct the restore to the proper location and the field is still grayed out.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance!

Ben Linkon

CALAMOS INVESTMENTS CANNOT ACT UPON, AND WILL NOT ACCEPT, ANY TIME-SENSITIVE ELECTRONIC MESSAGES, SUCH AS TRANSACTION ORDERS AND FUND TRANSFER INSTRUCTIONS. ALSO, FOR YOUR PROTECTION, PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION, SUCH AS ACCOUNT NUMBERS OR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS, THROUGH THE INTERNET.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential . If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately if this message was transmitted in error. Thank you.