Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Merge 2 Master Servers

2007-12-05 12:52:42
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Merge 2 Master Servers
From: "Cruice, Daniel \(US - Glen Mills\)" <dcruice AT deloitte DOT com>
To: "Kevin Whittaker" <Kevin.Whittaker AT syniverse DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 12:33:09 -0500

We just did the same thing, but fortunately for me the two different sites had different media prefixes so I got lucky.  The only issues we ran into was getting the other site’s library to intergrate successfully, but it wasn’t that big of a deal.   If you are running vault, you will need to configure another vault profile for the two different sites if you plan to continue to utilize the other site’s robotic / drives etc.  The only down fall to this is you will need to manually change the current profile session to run vault on siteA’s robotics / siteB’s robotics.  And again I was lucky enough that the other site was a BCP site we were actually able to rebuild their NBU servers from fresh.  If you have that ability you should be in good shape.

If not, you are going to have some fun importing tapes for restores for the site you are bringing in.  I don’t know if there is a way to merge both catalogs into one.

Thanks

Dan