Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] master server with multiple interfaces

2007-12-03 11:16:09
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] master server with multiple interfaces
From: "Paul Keating" <pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 10:57:11 -0500
nothing to do if you keep one NIC per subnet.
the routing tables will automatically route each outbound request through the appropriate interface and the client will respond to the IP from which it recieves the request.

each client will need the name of the NIC it communicates with in it's "server" entries.

your master will need one of the NIC defined as "defaultrouter", or default gaeway, in Windows parlance.
any clients you backup which do not match one of the subnets with a dedicated NIC will go through that "default" interface.

Paul