Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] sso help

2007-11-27 09:47:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] sso help
From: X_S <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 06:33:38 -0800
i have 20 tape drives and 10 media servers now with nb vers 6.mp5.  i will have
another 20 tape drives and another/at least 5 media servers ready to be built.
all with netbackup on windows.  we have configured to use sso in our other
environments but i now wonder if it's worth it for me to do this now in this
one.  The problem that always creeps up is with disappearing tape devices.  we
use persistent binding but sometimes it just hasn't been good enough to avoid
deleting drives and recreating them.  This has been a huge headache for us.  i
was thinking of just configuring 2 or 3 tape drives per media server.  i would
appreciate any input and/or suggestions for this.