Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Which media were used for a backup?

2007-11-20 14:58:10
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Which media were used for a backup?
From: <mikemclain AT northwesternmutual DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 13:38:04 -0600
To fit the format listed below, you can use the "Catalog" section in the
GUI (Action = Verify) to search on policies/clients and get a list of
images and tapes that were used for each backup.

To accomplish this via the command line use:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpverify -local -PD -client <hostname>
-X -s <start utime> -e <end utime> -primary

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpverify -local -PD -client nbuclient
-X -s 1195106400 -e 1195538400 -primary

This will print out:   UTIME    Policy  Sched  BackupID   Media_Server
Media_Used  Copy_Number  Is_Primary?

NOTE:  Depending on the usage, some bpverify commands will mount tapes,
but the one listed above only reads from the catalog.  See the man page
for details.

Mike