Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Which media were used for a backup?

2007-11-20 12:04:40
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Which media were used for a backup?
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "A Darren Dunham" <ddunham AT taos DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:32:59 -0500
When I want a list of just the media (tapes) used for a specific backup
in UNIX:

bpimmedia -policy <POLICY> -d <STARTTIME> -e <ENDTIME> | awk '{print
$9}' | grep ^<TAPE PREFIX> | sort -u

Where:
POLICY = The policy/class of the backup

STARTTIME = MM/DD/CCYY hh:mm:ss - for when the backup was started

STARTTIME = MM/DD/CCYY hh:mm:ss - for when the backup was ended (or
before next one started)

TAPE PREFIX = Whatever you use for naming your tapes - Here we have
SU0001 etc... - this helps to only get the tapes you're interested in.