Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Any command line gurus around?

2007-11-15 13:09:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Any command line gurus around?
From: "Marianu, Jonathan" <JM7640 AT att DOT com>
To: "Brian Gupta" <brian.gupta AT gmail DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 09:36:58 -0800
Brian,

This will not have an effect on what is configured as a db client.

That information is defined in the policy database, not the client
database.
Although the commands looked similar,
-bpplclients queries and updates the policy db
-bpclient queries and updates the client db.

Type bpclient without any options and that will provide information on
how to use the command.

To query using bpclient there are multiple options.
NBU provides a human readable form, in general for most commands, it is
a capital L.
For output that you can parse in a script use a lower case l

To see all clients it is something like "bpclient -All -L"

Jonathan Marianu (mah ree ah' nu)
AT&T Storage Planning and Design Architect
(360) 597-6896
Work Hours 0800-1800 PST M-F

Manager: David Anderson
(314) 340-9296