Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Slow catalog backups

2007-11-15 11:12:09
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Slow catalog backups
From: "Kevin Whittaker" <Kevin.Whittaker AT syniverse DOT com>
To: "Don Klebba" <donklebba AT quickenloans DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 10:44:23 -0500
Don,

I had a very similar issue and it dealt with the location of the images.
My disk guys gave me more space and configured the /usr/openv file
system to be RAID 5 concatenated!  So my catalog went from 1 hour to 5
hours!  Well then relayed out the file system and now it is back down to
1 hour.

So, I would check the iostats on the file system that contains all the
images.