Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Slow catalog backups

2007-11-15 10:26:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Slow catalog backups
From: Don Klebba <donklebba AT quickenloans DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 09:49:42 -0500
We recently replaced the hardware that our master server runs on. We went
from a V880 running Solaris 8 to a T2000 running Solaris 10. We're running
Netbackup 5.1MP4. Our catalog backups used to take no more than 2 hours to
complete, now they're running 3 hours and longer. The normal OS backups of
the master server seem to run just fine, it's only when we backup the
catalog that we notice a slow down.

Does anyone have any ideas?
--
Don Klebba