Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.0MP5 <-> 5.1MP4/6 RESTORE BUG

2007-11-14 14:19:18
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.0MP5 <-> 5.1MP4/6 RESTORE BUG
From: Michael Anderson <andersom68 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>, Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:45:39 -0800 (PST)
Justin,

Yes we had exactly the situation.  We determined with the help of our friends
at Symantec / Veritas that there was indeed a bug and they sent a replacement
binary for  bpbrm.exe for our windows media servers.  In actuality what was
happening is that when the restore was initiated bpbrm.exe was crashing on the
media server.  Once we received the binary from S/V the issue was resolved.

Our restores would die with a status code of either 25 or 98.  This didn't
however affect all restores, it was sporadic.

Hope this helps