Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows client Flashbackup speed estimate

2007-11-13 04:32:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows client Flashbackup speed estimate
From: Anton V Panyushkin <APanyushkin AT beeline DOT ru>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:17:48 +0300

 Hello,

 I'd  like to know the backup speed that FlashBackup attains in your
environment when quite a big (>
 1T)  Windows  volume  is  backed up. Unfortunately Symantec doesn't provide
any info on FlashBackup
 speed  estimate on different configurations. In my environment I backup up
1.2Tb volume on the file
 server  that  is  equipped  with dedicated GbE backup interface to a LTO2
dirve.  According to bptm
 logs  on  the  media server the average backup speed is about 30-33 Mb/s. It
gives me 100-110 Gb/h.
 I'd  like to know if such a backup speed should be considered as "normal" for
my environment? Could
 you please share your FlashBackup speed estimates and your environment info?

 Thank you very much in advance.

С уважением,                                             With best regards,
Антон Панюшкин.                                      Anton Panyushkin
8 962 998 90 67                                            +7 962 998 9067
apanyushkin AT beeline DOT ru