Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] using linux client to backup esx (vmware)

2007-11-12 14:18:48
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] using linux client to backup esx (vmware)
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Preston, Douglas L" <dpreston AT LANDAM DOT com>, "mark wragge" <mark_t_wragge AT yahoo DOT ie>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 13:51:20 -0500
Or install the inetd or xinetd package if it is available for ESX then
install the NBU stuff.

On our RHEL/Fedora system we have to install xinetd because it isn't
loaded by default.

Actually now that I think of it when I installed on Fedora without
having an xinetd or inetd the installer was brain dead and assumed there
was inetd and created an inetd.conf which wasn't used by anything.  I'm
sure as Doug says you can have the daemons run all the time but that
seems a pointless waste of resources.