Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.0 NetappR200

2007-11-07 14:58:59
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.0 NetappR200
From: "Tharp, Trey" <Trey.Tharp AT allstate DOT com>
To: "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>, "RyanF" <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 13:39:04 -0600
The alternative to this configuration is to do 'Remote NDMP backups'
This is where the NAS box doesn't have access to the tape drives, but
your media server does. Since in your case you have a SCSI-attached
library this is the method you would have to use. This means all the
NDMP traffic would go across the wire from your NAS -> Media Server.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/279269.htm

See page 9 of the NDMP admin guide for a picture and it also contains
all the configuration information you'll need.