Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Which tape drive type for DLT7000 tape drives and NetBackup 3.4

2007-11-06 12:27:28
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Which tape drive type for DLT7000 tape drives and NetBackup 3.4
From: "Aleksandr Nepomnyashchiy" <anepomn AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Gregory Demilde" <gdemilde AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 12:03:19 -0500
Greg,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I am not sure how the tape was written the first time. "vmquery" shows
that all my tapes have media type "DLT cartridge tape (11)"

- Should I "bplabel -d dlt3" for each tape as soon as it expires?
- Why do you think changing from DLT to DLT3 won't change the performance?

Thank you,
Aleksandr

PS NetBackup 3.4 doesn't support DLTIV, but it supports DLT , DLT2 and
DLT3. I am using DLT7000 drives with DLTIV tapes and hope to get more
than 30-40G per tape.