Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Timechange problem with NBU or something else?

2007-11-05 20:34:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Timechange problem with NBU or something else?
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 01:16:16 +0000
Anyone have any scheduler issues with NBU this weekend?

My Linux 6.0MP4 master server had a hiccup.  Almost every policy I have
is calendar based, with full backups scheduled for the last day of the
month or the 15th of the month.

This morning I came in and discovered that the backups that were started
on Sunday the 4th included a great number of 'full' schedules.  This
really ripped into the tape usage, and I have no idea why they got
scheduled.

I wonder if some part of the scheduler was trying to cope with the local
timezone change from daylight saving time that day....