Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Preventing duplication from using tapes

2007-11-05 12:55:03
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Preventing duplication from using tapes
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 12:24:29 -0500

Thanks but that wasn’t quite what I’m asked.   I’m not looking to redo our duplication strategy as we’re already planning to do that with implementation of Data Domain in the near future.

I’m asking if there is any way to suspend the primary tapes so that duplication ignores them until I’ve unsuspended them.  Since actual “suspend” doesn’t do this I was looking for an alternate way to make duplication ignore them.