Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] sg_install problem with P3000 robot

2007-11-02 09:58:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] sg_install problem with P3000 robot
From: Gary sperano <g_sperano AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 09:37:48 -0400

Environment:

            ATL P3000 (robot/drives) connected to a bridge

            Bridge connected to switch-A

            Switch-A connected to NeoScale device

            Neo Scale connected to Switch-B

            Switch-B connets to host HBA

NB Hardware

            System Configuration:  Sun Microsystems  sun4u Sun Fire V890

      System clock frequency: 150 MHz

      Memory size: 32768 Megabytes

Problem:

      The above NB master server is working fine.  It can connect to the drives and the robot with no issues.  What has changed is that we have built a new master server.  This new master server has the same name as the original master server but a different ip address.  New zones have been set up so that the new master server is zoned to see the P3000 and its tape drives, just like the original master server.  Both masters are online until we can get the new master (sgscan) to see the changer.  Once the new master is situated, we will then migrate from the existing master to the new master. The existing master will be decommissioned and shutdown.

      When we run sg_build and sg_install, all is fine.....for the drives, but we continue to receive the following error for the robot

            # /usr/sbin/luxadm -e create_fabric_device -f >>/etc/cfg/fp/fabric_WWN_map

            ID[luxadm.create_fabric_device.2316] configuration failed for line (/devices/pci@9,600000/SUNW,emlxs@2/fp@0,0:fc::210100e08baad429) in file: /etc/cfg/fp/fabric_WWN_map. I/O error

      when we run sgscan, sgscan see's the tape devices but does not see the changer (The above message is also produced in the /var/adm/messages log when we initiate sg_install

Any and all help is appreciated

Thanks

Gary