Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 and LTO2 compatibility

2007-11-02 09:21:54
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 and LTO2 compatibility
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: <bobbyrjw AT comcast DOT net>, "A Darren Dunham" <ddunham AT taos DOT com>, <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 08:54:32 -0400
Is the LTO not like DLT where one has to specify device to use to get
correct density (at least in UNIX environments)?   I know that in the
past I had to find the device with correct major/minor when writing to
an older DLT  on a newer drive in order to be sure I could read that DLT
on the older drive.

That is to say does just specifying drive type in NetBackup sufficient
or is it not important to insure the correct device file is mapped?